Stay at the Hotel Eden while you prepare for Christmas
Situated at the heart of the 15th arrondissement, the Hotel Eden opens its doors to welcome the approaching holiday season. Paris is the place to find happiness, and this is especially true when it comes to Christmas shopping. Christmas decorations and illuminations adorn the streets, bringing warmth and joy to the cold winter months and creating a festive atmosphere like that of no other city. So, here are some handy tips for making the most of the wealth of gift buying opportunities offered by Paris, the world’s shopping capital.
The most beautiful Parisian streets for the finest gifts
The streets and boulevards of the capital are full of interest and excitement, so it’s easy to get sidetracked. Keep your focus on Christmas with these recommendations. In the 15th arrondissement, near the Hotel Eden, the Beaugrenelle shopping centre offers a huge variety of goods in one location, so you’re sure to find some great gift ideas for your loved ones ... This great mall also has plenty of restaurants for when you’re ready to take a break. In the 9th arrondissement, the Printemps Haussmann department waits to dazzle you with its selection of quality gifts, gorgeous seasonal décor and extraordinary architecture, including a magnificent stained glass cupola. Printemps is currently celebrating its 150th anniversary, so expect plenty of excitement!
Parisian Christmas markets
The yuletide markets of Paris will beguile you with charm, festive atmosphere and unusual gift ideas as the tempting aromas of roast chestnuts and waffles hang in the air. The one that takes place on the Champs-Elysées is utterly beautiful! Saint-Germain-des-Prés boasts another enchanting Christmas market, where lovely little wooden chalets, filled with all kinds of goods from gourmet foods to handicrafts, sprawl across the magnificent Place Sartre–de Beauvoir, past Saint-Germain church and the legendary cafés. It’s all part of the magic that is Christmas in Paris.
• Shopping in Paris
• Department store Galeries Lafayette
• Department store Printemps
• Department store Bon Marché
• Shopping hall Beaugrenelle
• Christmas Arch (Arche de Noël) at La Défense - november 19th to december 27th 2015 - Metro line 1, station Grande Arche de La Défense or RER line A2, station La Défense
• Christmas market at Champs Elysées, Paris 8th - november 15th to january 4th 2016 - Metro line 1, 2 or 6, station Charles De Gaulle Etoile or RER line A, station Charles De Gaulle - Etoile
• Christmas market at Paris Notre Dame - Paris 5th - december 12th to december 23th 2015 - Metro line 10, station Maubert
• Christmas market at Montparnasse - Paris 15th - december 10th to december 31st 2015 - Metro line 4, 6, 12, 13, station Montparnasse Bienvenue
• Christmas market at Quai Branly (Tour Eiffel) - december 17th to january 3rd 2016 - Metro line 6, station Bir-Hakeim or Trocadéro or line 8, station Ecole Militaire
• Christmas market at Bir-Hakeim - december 16th to january 3rd 2016 - Metro line 6, station Bir-Hakeim or RER line C5 or C7, station Champ de Mars - Tour Eiffel
• Christmas market at Champ de Mars - december 18th to january 3rd 2016 - Metro line 6, station Bir-Hakeim or RER line C5 or C7, station Champ de Mars - Tour Eiffel
Picture copyright holder: Tourist Office Paris - Photographer Amélie Dupont
Hotel Eden Paris, a Hotel with garden, close to the Porte de Versailles